Tuesday, December 24, 2013

birthday calendar - december

Merry Christmas to you all,

After being busy for a couple of weeks with making christmascards for charity I finally found some time for doing something else. I still needed to make this months birthdaycalendar.
Off course this has been inspired by the time of the year: christmas and presents.




I started out with this blue 12x12 paper


which I then painted with blue watercolorpaint and added salt to it, but it didn't create the effect that I had in mind, but non the less it toned down the graphics of the paper. 
After watching lesson 1 of Carolyne Dube's workshop UseYourWords I just had to give it a go.
I used the leftover piece of an alphabet die and created the word december, some letters aren't complete off course (D, B, R) but I fixed this with a marker.




No comments:

Post a Comment