Saturday, October 18, 2014

Gift

I waited yet again till the last minute to make my entry for this forthnight's Q&L challenge where the 2 words were destiny & gift. I choose for gift and this wonderful quote: the best gift you can give is a hug, one size fits all and no one will care if you return it.
I started by looking for a cute image of hugging and found this one somewhere in my stash. I glued them on a paper towel canvas:


I initially planned to make a background which I would cut up in pieces to make a sunray. So I started, very relaxed, intuitively, no stress at all because it would be cut anyway. Well, it turned out that I liked it so much that I didn't want to cut it up and just used it as it is, just resized it to 21x21cm:


I added our little cuddly friends and used the cut off part of resizing as a tag, coincidentally it was exactly the wright size. Love it when everything just falls together. I attached the tag with this cute paperclip.


when you lift the tag the quote goes on

I will also be linking this to sundays sentiments tomorrow.



28 comments:

  1. Great sentiment Vicky, beautiful background and lovely image!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love that background, I made sure I scanned it into the computer on a high resolution so I can use and re-use it in the future and maybe then I can cut it up :-)

      Delete
  2. You certainly found the right artwork to illustrate this quote. Lovely use of the background. I've found it hard to cut into or cover up a background I like, so I understand why you kept yours intact. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that is exactly why we crafters are hoarders because one day you will use it :-)

      Delete
  3. No wonder you didn't want to cut up that background! It looks stunning! I'll post the link to Sunday Sentiments later tonight! See you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will print my scanned image and cut that up and see where that takes me :-)

      Delete
  4. This is gorgeous Vicky...such a lovely image and sentiment. Great idea with the tag too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, turning a necessity into an opportunity :-)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for linking up Vicky! Your sentiment is so funny and cute! Your project fits it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great quote you have chosen. You have created a super background for your image, I can understand why you didn't want to cut it up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you didn't cut up your background after all! Looks great just like that. I didn't know this quote and absolutely love it, good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun page and a lovely quote, very true :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful and colourful page - love the little paperclip :) Anita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, found it while rummaging my stash

      Delete
  10. Great quote and beautiful backround.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan, quotes make me feel happy :-)

      Delete
  11. Gorgeous bg and very cute hug picture. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute you could have used it for this fortnights challenge as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, but I didn't I made something else :-)

      Delete