Sunday, December 6, 2015

owl canvas

Wednesday I promised to reveal the owl canvas.
And if you promise something...
So without further ado, here it is


I was inspired by an owl I saw here.
I started by printing out an owl, tracing it on a piece of carboard and cutting him out.

Next I punched a bunch of circles out of gelli prints and glued them in layers on the owl.
Some trimming and then my husband pointed out the fact that the feathers were going from bottom to top instead of the other way around. 


So I started over, not only because of that but also because I wanted to use other colors, more brown tones. 


This is more realistic and fitted better with the background I was creating with my gelatos. 
I handcarved a leaf stamp for this project



And cut leafs with my cameo silhouette.
I also cut a flower with the cameo.




And the sentiment




I so love my cameo, the possibilities are really endless I believe.

This was a present for a colleague who went on pension, that's why I wasn't able to show it earlier.

Carloyne Dube hosts a weekly let's play party, find all details here
I will be linking this project as this is also a perfect illustration of what she says about inspiring each other.

3 comments:

  1. I like cutting and pasting bits. The colors and the composition look great altogether.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really lovely canvas. I like owls in art, especially colourful, whimsical ones :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you've used Gelli prints to create such a playful owl! Thanks for sharing with Let's Play!

    ReplyDelete