Monday, August 26, 2013

gelli fun

After watching Augusts’ gelli plate party over on Carolyne Dube’s blog I had to get some sticky back felt circles (the ones u use to protect the furniture) and have it ago myself, just had to, all you out there who have a gelli plate know what I mean.  This weekend I was able to fit in a couple of hours of play, joy!  I started out by making a texture plate:


I put the circles in a spiral. I then grabbed all my tools with circles (homemade stencils, cork, bubble wrap, masks, tubes):

And started playing!!!  I was having fun, but wasn’t all that excited about the results until I started layering mask on top of the backgrounds. I was over the moon with excitement about the results:









I love the birds so much that I'm thinking of getting a frame (a long rectangle for 3 pictures) and framing them. What do you think?
And on top of these I've got a couple of beautiful images to use in a future project:


 It won't be too long before I do some more prints, that's for sure, way too much fun!
Thanks for stopping bye and hope to see you soon back.





8 comments:

  1. Love how you isolated part of the Gelli print with the images! What fun! So glad you shared with the party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks really cool!
    xxx Susi
    join our monthly challenges over on
    ART-JOURNAL-JOURNEY-CHALLENGE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I just started using mixed media so I am very elementary at this point. Thank you for sharing! I love my Gelli Art Plate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, It has not been that long since I've been exploring mixed media, but I'm loving it!!!

      Delete