Sunday, June 28, 2015

dragonflies

Hello,
I'm back from a relaxing holiday in Greece, batteries fully recharged, the only downside I have after a while not crafting is finding my mojo back. This is my first piece I made in a couple of weeks


This is my calendar entry for June at The Craft Barn where we needed to use lavender and dragonflies.
I started by stamping dragonflies randomly on my page and heatembossing it in white. Next I sprayed with aftermidnight Dylusions spray

The white lines were not supposed to happen, those are the edge of my acrylic block, oops, but I actually like the effect. I searched for a quote with dragonflies and found this one: 
May you touch dragonflies and stars, dance with fairies and talk to the moon.
Now I knew which direction this page needed to go, so I added gold star stickers, stamped a fairy couple and stamped and cut the moon out of a sun stamp and gave her red glossy lips. Because the blue was not really lavender I made a tag using a tag from clothes, painted it lavender, stamped a frame and wrote the quote in it and added a lavender bow, so I can also enter this for the weekly Craft Barn Challenge.




11 comments:

  1. I'm the same, whenever I come back from hols my mojo has disappeared even though I'm desperate to get crafting! You've broken the spell now, it will be back I'm sure. Nice page BTW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx, but it's such great weather and my studio is currently in the basement so I don't feel much to go sit there, in the winter no problem, but now...

      Delete
  2. Very striking page, and great quote too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous page. I agree with Lay, it is very striking and I love the quote. Glad you enjoyed a fine break away. When Wee Man and I go off in a couple of weeks for a few days we are taking a wee kit with us so we can keep up with the ICAD challenge.
    Many thanks for your lovely comments on our recent escapades :o)) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about doing that, but holiday was all about family qualility time so I didn't, plus I wouldn't know what to take with me

      Delete
  4. Love that quote, glad you had a good holiday, your mojo will soon be back!! Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great page, love the little dragonflies! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great page and I love the quote.

    ReplyDelete