Thursday, February 11, 2016

whimsical houses

Yesterday you could see my journal page with whimsical houses on my desk during WOYWW, well here is the walk through.

I started by collaging all different kinds of patterned paper out my scrap drawer to the page



Added acrylic paint in different tones of blue, because I wanted to create a night scene.



Then I went to town with stenciling, I must have used at least 10 different stencils.
I also added some texture paste (2tbs primer/2tbs glue/4tbs baby powder) through a star stencil.
And constructed my whimsical houses out of patterned paper.
The middle one was inspired by one of the cartoons my son loves watching, Ben and Holly’s little kingdom.
Oddly enough he didn’t recognize it, my husband on the other hand did.


Lastly I did some outlining and defining, need to practice on that skill urgently.
And added the words what if.


What if the world would look like this, with such quint little houses, wouldn’t that be fun?

I'm also sharing my page over at Let's Play party hosted by Carolyne Dube I didn't really use a neglected supply, but maybe I used something that you forgot about and got you inspired to givge it some love.

1 comment:

  1. I want to live in this neighborhood- would love a house like that! Thanks for being a part of Let's Play!

    ReplyDelete