Sunday, November 3, 2013

Birthday calendar November AND Sweepstake!!!

This month’s birthday calendar didn’t came as easy as the rest did because I wanted it to be extra special, as a lot of special people have their birthday in November (including me, my son and my mum, always a busy time and the start of the festive season with some more birthdays in December and Christmas just around the corner). So it took a while before I dear to begin and pondered a lot about it, but as November drew closer I just needed to get a start on it.
I started out with an image stamped with a mixed media doll stamp by Julie Nutting. I like this stamp and previously used it already on my price winning glitter page at the alpha/dictionary challenge from The Craft Barn.
I saw this awesome idea  on how to edit the primadoll stamps by scrapinmaniac corner (why didn’t I think about that earlier?). So off I went with scanning ,enlarging and printing the image.
Traced the body on a bookpage and a piece of paper out of my scrapbooking stash became the dress. This girl has a sixties feeling to me so I tried to capture that vibe by using different colored circles and adding the pattern of a disco ball with a homemade stencil and some purple sprays.



Gabrielle Pollaco made an awesome mixed media canvas with a cute haute couture doll and is so kind to share the template for this beautiful creation.
I downloaded the template and made this doll which together with the sixties doll I would like to give away to one of you.


 All you need to do is leave a comment and become a follower and/or subscribe by mail. The sweepstake is open all of november (until Saturday 30 november 2013 midnight GMT+1) I will be selecting and announcing the winner on december the first. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment