Monday, September 7, 2015

Prompt60 #3 green/book design

What is prompt60? I hear you say.
Well, this is an initiative of Daisy Yellow, you can find her here.
She describes it as:
Prompt60 is a new series of journaling prompts that will challenge you with sparks, ideas & quotes. My goal with this series is to inspire and gently nudge to do something creative in your journal. The challenge will help you strengthen both your artmaking & writing practice. The series will contain a mix of topical creative writing prompts, ideas for how you might get those words into your art journal and all-around fun ideas.

#1 was to get yourself a journal, check.
I skipped #2 as this prompt was to draw a mandala and I am not a drawer. 
#3 is to create a page about the color green.
So I started with some olive distress stain.



 Next I started my ” treasure hunt”  for green in my collection of paper.


I collaged them to the page, leaving a margin around the edges, as this is the type of space you see in a book layout.


Added black acrylic paint with my finger as paint brush around the images, the right page felt perfect but the left page just wasn’t doing it  for me (yet), so I added some green paint on top of the black and that was exactly what it needed. I added the quote Do what you love what you do all around the edges.



This is a totally different page then I usually would make, but am very pleased with the outcome and that is exactly what art should be about, trying new things without worrying about the outcome, just having fun creating. I still need to work on the free flow of creating, I am often still worrying about the outcome. But instead of procrastinating I should just DO, what is the worst thing that could happen? That I don’t like it? So what, turn the page, start over and have even more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment