Saturday, January 18, 2014

junky butterflies (junk journal page #2)

I've just finished my second junk journal page and it turned out great as I do say so myself.
I started with a piece of cardboard from a pastabox and covered this with circles which I punched out from bookpages that I use to clean of my brayer during gelli printing. 


I liked the background a lot, so much I let it sit for a couple of days on my desk, I didn't wanted to cover it up. But today I decided it was time to finish it. First I wanted to stamp or stencil over it but thought it would block up too much of the background and then it hit me, use a mask. I used a butterfly mask and added a bunch of colorful butterflies, which I die cut out of a big sheet of paper I always have on my desk to clean of stamps, stencils, brushes...so not to waste any ink, paint,...



Don't you think the colors and circles even pop up more now because of the black.
Thanks for having a look and come back soon because the ideas about using junk are running through my head and can't wait to start another page.

No comments:

Post a Comment