Sunday, April 5, 2015

retiform

Last week was stamping master class week over on The Craft Barn blog, Dawn's post included a technique called retiform, never heard about it but it looked soo cool that I immediately wrote it on my to do list. It turns out that this technique is this week's challenge over on the blog so I immediately got cracking with this technique. I must say I've needed a few attempts, initially I wanted to make bubbles


but the stamping didn't turn out how it supposed to because I was using a square stamp, so I decided to try it first with straight lines
I used a blue DI and colored with antique linnen distress stain

Next came the fun part off masking of the areas and stamping.
I was pleasantly surprised on how this simple grid turned into something stunning as this

I think this would make a great cover for a book.

6 comments:

  1. It was new to me too and took a few attempts to get the hang of it, and like you loved the results.Also found it quite absorbing with the masking and stamping great for stress relief lol. Just looking at all the entries and different versions has helped me to learn more too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very pretty. Love how the different stamps work so well together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great technique, will definitely try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic result! Looks great!. Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the different patterns and him they have com together.

    ReplyDelete